Tuesday 21 November 2017

Monday 29th November 2017

And again, just like that, the weekend was over. And along came Monday.

Monday, Monday, so much to answer for. Or something.

Which means that we do the usual stuff in the morning, all the while it is still dark outside. Even with coffee, its still Monday. I have to say I have not had this antipathy towards Monday for years, not since the chicken factory days.

Jools is up and ready to go to work, and I sit on the sofa catching up on the football from the day before. Outside, daylight creeps over the land.

But this Monday, I have a new laptop to use for work, only I have to transfer all the files from the old one first, putting them on a pendrive took two hours, then downloading them onto the new one takes another two hours. Ready for work just before lunchtime and the computer tells me I have to download some new updates before I go any further.

Three hundred and twenty four And that is where my day went. Or morning anyway.

And then I can begin on the issues that I have not been able to deal with since Thursday. And everyone wants stuff done.

And then there are the cats. Molly knows that by laying on the keyboard, she gets attention at least, and Mulder and Scully both have their loud attention grabbing meows.

No news on Mum today, so will call tomorrow.

Dinner is fishcakes in rolls. I'm not saying you'll get that at the Ritz, but it was pretty darn good, laced with sweet chili sauce. And washed down with Old Spicy Hen, or cider for Jools. We have beaten the worse day of the week, so are on a roll, as it were.

The evening is cold outside, so we turn the heating up.Such is the excitement of a working Monday spent at home. There is TV in the evening, and coffee and chili flavoured chocolate. But we are both pooped again and go to bed at nine. At this rate we will be going to be at six in the evenings and getting up at three in the morning.

Anyway, Tuesday tomorrow, and will be one month to the shortest day. Spring will be coming.

No comments: