Saturday 30 March 2019

Friday 29th March 2019

Brexit Day. (not)

I rarely talk about work. Between the hours of eight and five, and beyond most days, my time is the company's. And things have been fine for the best part of five years.

But this last month, there are not enough hours in the day for me to work, answer mails, and get all the inspections done.

I don't normally do stress, but this past few weeks the stress levels have been building, meaning I am waking up before five, thinking about things I have to do that day. So, come four in the afternoon, I am pooped.

And after working the previous four days, by Friday I was shattered. I had three days mails to sort through, and several urgent tasks to get done, there wasn't enough time for it all.

And Jools had the day off.

And the weather was glorious.

I just wanted to wander round the countryside with nary a care in the world.

So, after coffee, Jools went into the garden to get stuff done, I settle down to sort the first urgent task, then sort out my travel expenses, send out more mails, create a new spreadsheet.

A walk along the cliffs Have lunch.

More of the same.

And by two, I was done.

Eighty eight We go to the National Trust place so I can look for Early Spiders, get some sunshine and decompress.

We park in the coach park, despite not driving a coach. Jools goes for a bimble and I walk along the cliff edge with my eyes to the ground.

A walk along the cliffs The orchids are out in Dorset, but not in Kent I can tell you, at least I saw none, just three rosettes.

A walk along the cliffs Down below, the port was busy as ever, as one of the Spirit P&O ferries was unloading, with dozens of lorries driving off and round the port to the start of the A20.

A walk along the cliffs I had an appointment with the chiropractor, so we drive back home, then I go down the hill to let Dan pummel me.

In fact, I feel better, and he agrees that my back isn't as bad as it was. But that costs forty two quid.

A walk along the cliffs Once I got back home, Jools had to take the cats to the vets, so I nursed my back with drugs and sweet tea.

Before dinner we try to sort the stone garden on the front of the house out. We took up the old one, put down manure, now have a new liner and edging. We just have to get the edging sown and pegged in.

By six we were finished, or as far as we wanted to go, all there is to do is to put the monolith back, and the three buckets of slate chips back down.

And then it will be done, but that another day.

2 comments:

forkboy said...

Sounds like you found some solace at the end of the day. Good for you :-)

jelltex said...

I won't lie, its been hard these past few weeks.