Friday 29 March 2019

Thursday 28th March 2019

Back home.

But due to work pressures, I was awake at four thinking about spreadsheets I had to create.

As you do.

The birds now start singing at ten to five, and soon dawn was creeping round the curtains.

Punk daffodil But I was home.

And would have five full days home. Which was a rather pleasant thought.

We get up and prepare for the day, while outside, the sun clears the clouds and it looks like it is going to be a fine day. And then I have three day's mails to catch up, and all senders think their issues were the most important.

Hyacinth Of course.

And as I have a full day at work, my calendar decides I should spend the first four hours of it in meetings.

Meetings.

Snakes Head Fritillary Some are important, though some know they're not, and apologise.

I have lunch at twelve, another serving of cheese toasties, the cheese toastie diet as Jools calls it. Who am I to argue.

Fritillary Imperialis At four, I go for a walk, just over the fields to Fleet House, just to see what is growing and looking good.

My back was grumbling, but anyway it was good to have the warm sun on my back.

A late afternoon stroll In the end I did not go down to see the pigs, I stopped at the end of the lane, looked for butterflies and turned for home.

A late afternoon stroll The shadows lengthened. I shut the shed door to protect the tender seedlings growing there, and feed the cats. At leat they're happy.

A late afternoon stroll We have shoarma chicken for dinner, once Jools comes home. I have the last of the wine, and again I toast Jools and our life together.

Creeping comfrey Symphytum grandiflorum No football to listen, just Marc Riley on the wireless.

White Dead Nettle Lamium album I end the day, falling asleep laying in bed, reading. Scully has curled up to sleep at my side.

All is well.

No comments: