Wednesday 20 March 2019

Tuesday 19th March 2019

Tuesday.

I woke up in, now I am writing this 36 hours later and I have to think really hard as to where I was. Oh yes, Aarhus.

I had eaten ribs for dinner. Lots of ribs. So work up at four with meat sweats. I wasn't going to sleep again, so after faffing around, I have a shower, pack and get dressed, then go down to check out.

Being half five in the morning, it was getting light in the east, while in the west the almost full moon hung in the sky like a huge 70s paper lampshade with a 20W red bulb in it.

I scrape the frost off the windscreen, start the car up and drive out onto the main road and head out of the city.

The roads were empty, and on the motorway I could put my foot down and enjoy the drive as dawn swept all before here, and it almost looked like spring.

Down through Veilje, onto the E20 and west to Esbjerg to the offices where there were fires so serious it required the entire project management team, and a lowly quality manager, to put out.

Once in the office, and after saying hi to all my old friends, work begins, trying to make it look like I do something to earn my crust each week.

And by two I think we are under control, of the struggle now hidden beneath the waves. I am tired, so will leave to drive to my next hotel, in Odense.

Hauling blades Odense is about 90 minutes away, along motorways and through the usual Danish countryside. And it is sunny so the trip is good, and I can cruise along.

A walk round Odense The sat nav guides me into the city centre to the hotel, which still states it is near Hans Christen Andersen's House, so I park, walk round to check in and go to my room, but it seems nice out there, sleep can wait.

A walk round Odense I take me and the camera out round the cobbled sidestreets, following more signs to his "hus", until there it is, has his name on the side and everything.

Seventy eight I snap as I go, and snap his house, the road outside his house, the side streets.

A walk round Odense And walk on.

A walk round Odense I come to the city centre, where they seem to be building a new shopping mall, so the centre is split in two, I have seen it, so am not bothered, but I do see a record shop. And a great one at that. I spend 30 minutes inside and in the end find a single I wanted on red vinyl, pay my 100Kr and run away laughing.

A walk round Odense Back in the hotel, I look at my work mails, and get the urgent ones sorted, then go down to the restaurant for dinner. I have burger and Coke. It is yummy, but I leave half the bun and it came with a few fries. I had no eaten since breakfast, so not that bad.

A walk round Odense And that was it. Just the usual evening, reading and then going to bed early, because sleep is good and that.

No comments: