Sunday 10 March 2019

On allergies. Again.

After something like eight years, maybe more, struggling with allergies, lack of sleep and generally the issues that all brings, I can report we have it licked.

I say we, as it was Jools' idea to use Sudafed nasal spray as nothing else worked just before Christmas. That killed a major attack in half an hour, and since then I have used a couple of squirts each night before I go to sleep resulting in long deep sleep every night.

Has changed my outlook on life, because as before, with each sneeze I used to worry about an attack coming, now its just a reminder to reach for the spray.

It also means I can use deodorant now without worrying about the effects it might cause, just spray it one, and no trouble.

And as now we are in April, my allergy season is now coming to an end, and so there will be no need for spray until the end of August.

One thing I did realise from last year, is that I had a cough all through the summer, meaning I could not get a good nights sleep. With the Sudafed the cough is mostly gone too

How odd, but good news to be in control.

No comments: