Saturday 9 March 2019

Friday 8th March 2019

International Women's Day.

And I am back home, I thought I was tired, but I was laying awake before the alarm went off. It is now getting light at half five, kinda, and so we can lay in bed and listen to blackbirds singing for joy at the forthcoming day.

I am happy enough to sing, as it is Friday.

Although, there are huge problems to deal with as the day progresses, so it will be a long, hard slog.

I can smell Jools making coffee, and the coffee is already peculating through the grinds. I spring out of bed.

It is just eight hours since I arrived home, and I could do with some more time off, before thinking about work. So, for some light relief I listen to the latest Remaiacs podcast, the lighter side of Brexit.

Then to work.

And in a shock, the huge issues we had facing us all faded away and were sorted.

By lunchtime, I could go into town to sort out the hire car, as in a change of plans, I am no longer going to Denmark on Monday, but will be at an oild refinery in the New Forest. All will become clear next week, for you, I hope.

But for now, I go to the car hire place to extend the rental on the car I already have, sign the paperwork and I am done.

Back home for lunch, a brew. And some more phone calls, all blending into one long conversation until the time ticks round to three, and I decide the weekend had arrived.

Jools came back home, so I made fresh brews and we chat seeing as we only were together half an hour when I came back the night before.

After dinner, Jools goes to visit Cath, and I prepare to listen to Norwich on the radio, but only problem is that its not on anywhere, so I am reduced to following the game on Twitter.

A tense game, with Swansea edging the goalless first half, but Norwich score the only goal midway through the second half, so win again. 5 points clear at the top of the table, for now, but something to celebrate very much.

Sixty seven And it means Leeds and Sheffield Utd are paying catch up.

And just ten games to go.

No comments: