Saturday 4 January 2020

Friday 3rd January 2020

Back to reality.

Yes, after 16 days off, I have to return to work. When I say return to work, there is no commute, just get the office gear out of the box in the porch, connect the leads and try to remember the password for my work account. I leave myself hints in a notebook, but sometimes even I can't follow my own logic months after the event.

Dusk in Deal Jools leaves me and the cats, I have breakfast after thinking that maybe I should give the cross-trainer until Monday as the old war wound was giving me jip. At some point I have to get over myself and do it. But at least I had been try for nearly two whole days that might last until the end of the day.

Work is quiet, many people taking the rest of the week off, not like me logging back in for a day. So I do my travel expenses, log my work hours, which is just time off these days, so working hours seems the wrong name.

Dusk in Deal But that done, I chase a couple of issues, have a meeting with my boss. And all is good.

Jools has Friday off of course, so when she left the house, she went swimming then went to Tesco for the weekly shop, back here to put it away and have breakfast. At which point I announce I'm hungry so we have lunch too.

Dusk in Deal I work through until three, at which point we drive into Deal for a walk and have dinner out. I say dinner, we eat at four; fish and chips sitting in the fish bar opposite the pier.

I have skate and chips, which is wonderful. And not too big either, just as well as we had eaten three meals in six hours.

Three So it goes, so it goes.

We leave the restaurant at the peak of the "blue hour", so I go round taking a few shots of the pier, Middle Street and back along The Strand. A cool breeze blew, so we walked to the car and drove home.

Dusk in Deal Back home we watch the last episode of series 3 of the Expanse, which was pretty good, but there is a set up for a new series, which is on Amazon Prime, so yet more expense if we want to watch it.

Dusk in Deal We both has slight coughs, so we bark at each other, me from the living room and Jools in her back office, until it was time to go to bed.

Dusk in Deal

No comments: