Monday 6 January 2020

Monday 6th January 2020

I wrote 2019 up there. Again.

Anyway, back to the working week, a full five days at work before the weekend, and then, well, as you will see, lots of exciting stuff to look forward to.

But before then, working from home, with the cats.

I sleep through the alarm. Again. So Jools is busy downstairs when I do wake, the cats are fed and the coffee made.

Jools leaves, I listen to the radio, make a second coffee and enjoy the calm before the storm. I say storm, but its fine, since I left the project the avalanche of mails each morning slowed down, so now its a trickle. And on Monday I had no new issues to deal with. Not one mail.

How I could have done that a year ago.

But onwards and upwards, power up the laptop and find there is no mails, so nothing stopping me from preparing for the audit I am conducting this week. Just my own lack of concentration and common or garden procrastination.

But I have all day, and bit by bot, around phone calls, meetings and stops for brews, I get it done.

I get a letter at lunchtime, the final step in laying Mum to rest, the wording on her and Dad's memorial. I could write something sarcastic, but thought better of it, accepted their suggestion and send the signed form back.

Another job done.

And into the afternoon, after a fine working lunch of fresh sausage rolls and beans, which kick ass.

Six I walk to the post office to post the forms, walking back in the chill of the late afternoon as the sun sets away behind the down. And I have dinner to prepare.

A Jamie Oliver recipe for pasta sauce, which I have adapted, and so come out with a meal he says takes half an hour and i take three hours to do, but then flavour is everything.

All is done, as well as a fresh batch of garlic bread, ready for when Jools gets back home at six, I pour wine and we sit down to reflect on our days.

Same shit, but maybe a step forward, which is nice.

And for the evening, the radio on whilst watching Arsenal play Leeds in the cup on the computer. This is the modern world, and works very well indeed. Leeds pay well in the first half, don't score and pay the price in the second, Arse winning 1-0.

Oh well. Road trip!

No comments: