Monday 6 January 2020

Sunday 5th January 2020

It is two weeks since the shortest day, but there is little difference that the human eye notices.

The sun rises just before eight and sets around four. Maybe a little different each day, but daylight is winning out, little by little.

And on cloudy days it can appear to be getting dark at half two, or earlier.

I suppose in may ways this was the last day of the Christmas vacation, even though I worked on Friday, as next week I am back on my travels, and quite a trip it is; three hotels in three different locations. Some for work, some for leisure. But more about that as it happens.

Five As it is Sunday, and as Norwich won on Saturday, I can watch MOTD without hiding my eyes behind my hands or thumb pressed on the fast forward button.

And then there is bacon for breakfast.

So, at ten, what to do? Well, we go to visit our friends, Gary and Julie, to see their preparations for moving house.

We drive to River, and once inside talk about Christmas and what we are all doing, all over a brew and a coffee.

On the way home, we call in on Mike and Jane, but just Jane was in, doing some gardening. So we have a brew there too, and talk about what they did over Christmas and New Year, Mike's first since losing Meg, of course.

Our duties complete, we go home for lunch of apple and blackberry crumble with lashings of custard. Why? Well, because we had the ingredients in the freezer, and seemed like a good idea.

So after Jools made the topping, and the fruit defrosted, we pop it in the oven and warm the custard up.

Lovely and warming. I have the last of the crumble left in the dish so there is none for the fridge. I fall asleep in front of the TV as the Liverpool v Everton game plays out, before getting my shit together and making yet another roast dinner with the left over turkey from Christmas.

Another triumph.

And so another weekend and Christmas holiday had come to an end.

Back to work on the morrow, and on my travels on Tuesday.

It will take me all day to get where I'm going; see if you can guess where I will end up?

No comments: