Tuesday 28 January 2020

Monday 27th January 2020

Pay day, the first since Christmas Eve. My bank manager is happy again......

And back to work, working from home, and once Jools had left for work, back on the cross-trainer.

I say not to put the heating on, and it won't go on until I have finished the phys, which worked last week. Jools makes coffee and feeds the cats, while I ponder over my re-occurring dream, which I twich that night, where I am due to leave the RAF, but due to work pressures have done nothing about it, and have to run round getting my clearance chit signed before the end of the day. It's either that or a short notice deployment to the Falkland Islands, and needing to get packed for the flight in a couple of hours.

I have been out of the RAF for fourteen and a half years, you would have though dreams about it would have stopped by now. Saying that, dreams about the chicken factory, which I left in 1990 only stopped a few years ago.

What can my mind be trying to tell me?

Anyway, Jools leaves, and after sighing, I go to the spare room, don my trainers and get pumping. I know I have to do thins, and once the music is playing I almost enjoy it. New Order, BAD, Echo and the Bunnymen and Prince sountrack my pain.

I do twenty minutes, and not one second more. But I have done it.

And then to sit downstairs to cool off, before making another coffee, having breakfast then setting up my office again for the day ahead.

Twenty seven And my main task is to get an answer to the question: is the audit on at Barrow next week? And the answer seemed to be "find out tomorrow".

And that took most of the day to get.

It being a cold and cloudy day, the cats sleep though until late afternoon, so long that I go to check on them both to see they're both alive.

They are.

Dinner is jacket spuds, Jools' favourite, but I always seem to zap them then fry 'em, as they come out so crispy and delicious. Anyway, jacket spuds, cooked in the over for three hours so they are all crispy and delicious. I see a pattern developing here.

And after dinner, I go to visit Gary and Julie as they are to move this week, and Gary is reducing the size of his record collection and I get first look at the two boxes of goodies.

It seems odd that next time I see them they will be in a new house, as I like their current one, the garden so full of wildlife.

Anyway, I come away with New Order, The Fall and Pet Shop Boys, so am happy.

I wish them well for the move.

On the way home I listen to the 5th round draw, and hope against hope for a home draw. But its either Southampton or Spurs away.

So it goes, so it goes.

No comments: