Wednesday 22 January 2020

Tuesday 21st January 2020

The end of the 3rd week of the year.

And what have we learned?

Well, not much more than we knew three weeks ago, perhaps. But the year is going to be very interesting in one way or another, and not in any way dull.

And that is not just in the Brexit sphere, but for us as well.

But more of that when it comes. But there is the promise of a cruise, financial independence, and travel to ever more remote parts of the UK through work. Is that enough to be getting on with?

Crepuscular sunrise I think so.

Tuesday began with coffee, and then in the cross trainer where it seems I forgot to breath 15 minutes into my session and my heart went "bump-diddy-bum-bumbum. And soon I was breathless and sweating heavily.

I tried to carry on, not wise, and so stopped. Laid on the bed whilst I returned to normal.

I have no idea what happened, but it is not the first time it has happened. I will keep an eye on it.

But I had done 17 minutes, and felt worn out, but six session in eight days, or something. Not bad.

I have a shower, get dressed and have breakfast, ready for whatever the working week will throw at me.

Twenty one And outside the sun shone in defiance of the BBC's forecast which was for cloud with added cloud.

But there was sun. Lots of sun.

I press on with work, updating spreadsheets, firing off mails and so on.

Stop for lunch. Stare out of the window at the birds feeding, or just singing because of the sheer joy of being out on such a fine morning.

I go out to take some snaps, snap some of the birds too, but they're too far away. I think about a bigger and better lens.

For a minute.

Tiny forest In the afternoon I take my laptop and sit on the sofa to watch the final half of the NZ travelogue, train from the northern tip of South Island to Greymouth, then by car to Milford Sound. There's a whole lot of nothing. Great looking nothing, I'll grant you, huge mountains, deep lakes, passes, valleys and so on. Then a tunnel. A long tunnel and out into Milford Sound, all fjords and waterfalls dropping into the sea.

Looked splendid on a sunny day, though being one of the wettest places on earth, its not always like that I guess.

That finishes, and it being four in the afternoon, there is no more work, so I pack up for the day, and prepare dinner; defrosted ragu with pasta and garlic bread. An easy meal.

Which also means there is wine.

Jools comes home, I dish up and we toast as usual.

And so to the evening, an evening of following the football on Twitter, whilst listening to music. As you do, multi-tasking. I give up on the Chelsea v Arsenal game at half time, as it seemed Chelsea would win easily. I was wrong. As usual.

No comments: