Wednesday 15 January 2020

Tuesday 14th January 2020

Tuesday.

Still four days to the weekend, and another phys day. My back hurt, I could wimp out, but don't, in the end.

After the west of the Uk got storms on Monday, it was our turn today, with gale force winds well into tomorrow, and heavy rain.

I wouldn't be going nowhere.

Jools is up and about, feeding the cats, and soon I can smell coffee brewing, so I get up. And once she has left, I put on my trainers and do a session on the cross trainer. Just 20 minutes, but twenty minutes more than I did last week. So, onwards and upwards!

Outside the wind howled and the rain fell in sheets.

I get down to work, preparing a spreadsheet on outcomes and actions, a task that would take me all morning and into the afternoon. But it had to be done.

Work is quiet, so quiet it was after lunch when I received my first e mail of the day, and I spoke to just one person, other than the cats. Well, until Jools came home.

Well, I did call one of my relations. Distant relation. A niece of my Grandmother, so not sure what that makes Pam to me, or her son, Andrew, who answered the phone. You may remember that Mum's address book got thrown away when the house was cleared? Well, we found a file with addresses on it over the weekend, and one was Pam's. Mum had received a Christmas card from Pam asking if all was alright as Mum's card was usually the first received, and had not arrived. There had been no address in it. But I could call now.

Fourteen So I did. Andrew answered, and so told him the sad tale. He had lost four friends himself over the last two weeks, so it made for a sad conversation, but at least they know now.

It was early evening by then, and time to finish work, watch an art documentary, then prepare dinner. Until I got a call from Jools; Dover port was closed due to the weather, and traffic was jammed, she did not know how long her commute home would take, so I have to wait for her return

It takes her 75 minutes to get home, so I begin cooking chorizo hash at quarter past six. And as seven we sit down to eat, the potatoes cooked until they were crunchy and crispy.

And then there was football to watch on TV, Spurs v Middlesborough game. Outside the wind still blew and the rain fell. The cats pretended not to be interested to want to go outside. And another quit day comes to an end.

No comments: