Tuesday 1 February 2022

Monday 31st January 2022

Last day of the month.

Transfer deadline day.

Back to work.

And for the week, I have a three day audit.

Yay! audit.

I audit, therefore I am. And auditor.

Or something.

And it was to be another glorious day outside, but I would be stuck at the dining room table.

So it goes, so it goes.

We are up and about early, as usual. Drinking coffee and watching cats by half five, and even outside, should be dark, but already there is light in the south east.

Spring is coming. We hope.

And being the last day of the month, another day without rain, showing that January 2022 was the driest on record for decades. I can't remember much rain at all.

I have an hour at work before the audit, so catch up on mails and speak to colleagues, and then join the audit.

The day drags, of course, like an eight hour day on Teams would be. We do get an hour for lunch, but half is spent on phone calls, so before I had a chance to do anything, it was time to go back.

Thirty one We finish at four, with the threat of more of the same tomorrow.

I have a lot to do, making dinner for Monday night, chorizo hash, and also, making gumbo for Tuesday, most of the prep taking place at the same time. Potatoes put on the poil, make the roux and simmer until it turns brown, chop veggies for both meals, make chicken stock, brown chicken and smoked sausage, fry chorizo, add it to the huge pot for the gumbo, and finally fry the boiled diced potaoes.

The gumbo simmers for two hours and the hash is combined, drinks made and once Jools gets back home, we eat.

Phew.

I spend the evening following the partygate fallout and the final hours of the transfer deadline.

Its a hobby.

And so another day passes, and am a day nearer the weekend again.

No comments: