Wednesday 23 February 2022

Tuesday 22nd February 2022

Tuesday was both a palindrome and an ambigram. As long as you don't live in the US where months come first. I mean. So, this is the shot of the day, as there won't be another such day. Or at least until when the cockroaches take over. Fifty three And to celebrate I have the first of three days in a "quaity" workshop. From seven thirty until four, sitting listening to others shouting, and generally ignoring me. This was the event I was supposed to travel to, and didn't because of a mix up over restrictions. An afternoon walk So, it was all a rush to get everything done ready and had breakfast in time for the start. I had baked the loaf the night before, so I wasn't going to be hungry, just bored, probably. An afternoon walk Jools left for work, and I had already set up the office, was talking to a colleague when she left, and then time for the workshop. Sigh. Its seven hours I'm not going to get back, and that's for sure. On the downside, I was only one third of the way through. An afternoon walk I decompress with a walk. It was a fine cool day, lots of sunshine expected in the two hours before sunset, so I had better get out. At least now there are wild flowers to look for and snap, so I do that, walking to the end of the street and up Station Road. I was taking a shot of a red deadnettle when a guy walking past stopped to chat. An afternoon walk His name was Nigel, or something, and now lives in one of the new houses along our street, so we talk about wild flowers, who owns the area of gravel I was snapping the plants in and the wild garlic his wife had planted. An afternoon walk I left him with the warning: don't let it go to seed. I walked up the the first track and past the war memorial. The sun didn't really come out and it began to drizzle. The clouds parted for a minutes and a rainbow formed, but was gone before I snapped it, when the clouds closed up again. Stellaria media I cut the walk shot and headed back home, past the Heliotrop and the bath between our street and Collingwood, in which was a single Herb Rober and a carpet of Russian Comfrey coming into flower. Symphytum × uplandicum Back home for a brew and then prepare dinner, which involved making some salsay and grating cheese for nachos. Geranium robertianum Heck, I even had a beer. Even with just listening, I was worn out, but glad I went out for a walk. Football on the radio once the footy finished. And there was another day done. Phew.

No comments: