Monday 28 February 2022

Sunday 27th February 2022

And after the full on day churchcrawling and orchid hunting, a quieter day was desired, and made all the easier by the invitation from Jen to go for Sunday lunch, so there would be no cooking either.

What I would do, however, was go to Folkestone for a haircut, despite it being three weeks, apparently, since my last one, it appears I have a hairy had on me bonce.

Jools said she didn't need to go to Folkestone, so it was just me. So I had the additional idea to find the Wall Pennywort near the church. In order to make it easier, I downloaded a picture of the plant in the chuchyard and so would be able to triangulate it wen on site.

Another walk in Folkestone That was the plan.

We had coffee.

The fruit and another coffee. So at half eight, I was able to leave sporting my camera and lenses.

Dover, Capel and Folkestone were all quiet, although parking was already three quarters full, but I get a space and use the app to pay.

Another walk in Folkestone Sorted.

I walk across the top of The Old High Street, up the the churchyard and to the west end of the church, looked at rhe photo on my phone, compared it with the shot, what I though was on the ground was on the top of a low wall. Bingo.

Another walk in Folkestone Now, I though that Wall Pennywort was rare in Kent, but I have since found out that the whole of the est side of Folkestone is infested, with some being in the church roof and in several places on the new High Street.

Fifty eight I had acheived the first of my two goals and now had half an hour to kill, so went to find a place for a coffee.

I thought that maybe a sausage sandwich would be a good idea. They didn't have those, but half a French stick with sausage, bacon and hash browns.

Another walk in Folkestone Bring me one forthwith!

I had a table in the window so I could people watch, and once the food came I munched my way through, though did leave the side salad.

I walked quickly up past the civic cinema to the barbers, found it open, and an empty chair, so I was shown in and the guy gets his shears out and is a blur of activity leaving hair everywhere.

Half an hour later, I am all shorn and feeling lighter and cooler.

I walk back to the car and then drive back home via Capel, and again there was little traffic about, which seemed very odd.

Back home have a coffee, have a shower to get the clippings off my scalp, then it was a case of waiting until midday and time to go to Jen's for lunch.

She had cooked roast beef, but no Yorkshire puddings, but the rest was there, and all good. And after clearing away, we play cards, our last hands before Sylv goes back home. And Jen wins.

We were finished in time for us to get home and me be back in time for the League Cup Final, which was goaless after 120 minutes, although four goals ruled out for offside, so went to penalties, which both sides scoring all ten spot kicks each, then Liverpool's keeper scored his, only for Chelsea's keeper to miss his.

Game over.

It was gone seven, and the weekend was running out.

We had supper of croissants, I do some blogging and posting, and suddenly it was nine in the evening, and the weekend had slipped by once again.

No comments: