Friday 15 July 2022

Thursday 14th July 2022

Another week nearer over.

And I wonder if this is life now, working each week to be nearer retirement. And wondering when the staw that would break this camel's back is placed.

Maybe not as long as some might think.

As it is, the Danish summer holiday season is in full swing, there is just three of us, about 50% of my department's European section in this week, and next week it will be just me.

Apparently.

But i have stuff to do, and there are meetings with people complaining.

Always complaining.

So, Jools gets ready for work, I have two coffees and some of the last nutella on stale toast before work, and off we go.

Not much to report, really. It is sunnier, and so should be warmer, but a cool breeze is blowing, enough to take the edge off, and make it feel comfortable. The extreme heat next week should be for just three days, in 2013 it seemed to last 3 weeks, or all of summer as it seemed.

Mid-morning I stop for a walk. I could feel a headache coming, so a break from the computer was good.

I see Di from over the road, and so stop to talk to her and Steve. Her lawn is dead, and I think it is a combination of a cocktail of chemicals spread over the years to try to treat weeds, now there is bare soil so there are a few weeds, but the soil makes it perfect for more to come. I don't quite get the obsession with lawns that look like billiard tables, as they are green deserts.

I suggest they strip what is there and returf it, not reseed as that has failed too.

One hundred and ninety five I go for a walk, delayed by twenty minutes, so I can't go as far. In fact I walk to just Fleet House before turning for home, walking along Collingwood and then dropping down back onto our street. I take some shots of the wild honeysuckle and Common Toadflax, but butterflies are few and far between, and now I am concerned as there should have been dozens if not hundreds, and I only saw a handful.

Linaria vulgaris Back home I have lunch, and carry on with work, and am now concerned that what I have done isn't good enough. I had to map a process for an IT guy to program in SAP. I call him and show him what I had done, and to my surprise he got what I was aiming for, and understands each step, and likes the extra one I put in.

Great idea.

A positive comment; whatever next.

And that was the day, really. I go to sit on the sofa to watch the last three hours of Le Tour, and wonderful it was too. During the ad breaks I make the batter for fritters, so once Tom Pidcock had broke away and won the stage at the summit of Alpe d'Huez, I could get cooking.

Or frying.

Despite what I say about work, life is good. We have loads of stuff planned for the rest of this month, something every weekend to look forward to, and few worries.

I decide it was a wine do pop a bottle of President's 15, Jools had cider, and we feast of fritters dipper in garlic mayo.

Cheers.

No comments: