Friday 8 July 2022

Thursday 7th July 2022

7th July, a day more years ago than I care to remember, London and life in it changed. I was due to go away on a 9 week holiday two days alter, the effect of those murders haunted me all summer, as I enjoyed a holiday of a lifetime, and other had their lives cut short.

With the excitement of the previous 24 hours in Westminster, the conclusion of which was Johnson and Number 10 announcing he was standing down after all, but staying on as a caretaker. I mean, I'd love to see Johnson have to use a mop and bucket.

So there was work to focus on, and I really had to, as I had deadlines to meet and meetings on Friday to prepare for.

Jools was away to the pool pretty soon as I got up, so it was me and the cats for the day. And as the temperatures heated up, Mulder and Scully found somewhere cool to sleep the day through, and the tiddlers slept in the back room.

I say got warmer, that really only happened after four in the afternoon, once the clouds cleared and there was blue sky again. But before then the wind had blew, not hard, but it was cool, and I really didn't havetime to go out for a walk, though I did prepare and bake another monster loaf of bread that will last pretty much until the end of next week I suspect.

At work, we were all busy in our own audit worlds, so I spoke to few people through the day. I had the radio on and the day passed pretty quickly.

And once the sun broke through, the garden filled with butterflies, all Large Whites, feeding on anything, though White Valarean was the favourite. I get a shot. Several, in fact.

One hundred and eighty eight Dinner is, once again, fritters, which I pep up with chilli flakes and an extra shake of curry powder.

I mean, not much else happens on a work day, if I don't go for a walk. Pretty quiet, dull, and with no airprots. Just how I like it, really.

The evening had more football, more music and more writing.

No comments: