Thursday 14 July 2022

Wednesday 13th July 2022

38 years since Live Aid.

All towns has its good and its bad. And this is Bad.

OK, cheers, Bono.

Talking of whom, he was on Desert Island Discs a couple of weeks back, not such a twat as I thought. Not quite.

The other thing I forgot to mention is Cleo's visit to the roof on Sunday.

Sunday evening, the weekend was winding down, and I heard Jools say "oh bugger" from up in the back room.

Cleo had climbed out of the bathroom window, onto the frame of the window that opens, and from there jumped onto the flat foor above the bathroom.

This is over 30 feet above ground.

When we went out to check, Cleo was leaning over the edge of the roof, meowing as if she wanted us to fix the issue.

We had no idea.

Jools went inside to look for steps, or something, so I stood and watched as Cleo tried to sort the issue out herself, leaning ever more forward, she fell onto the window frame, then jumped back into the bathroom.

We have no idea if she had done this before, just the first tme we had seen it. So, as temperatures rise, we now have to only open the upstairs windows a fraction so not to encourage her adventures.

Panic over.

Anyway, to Wednesday.

It was another dull and cloudy, but hiis start. After coffee, I went to check the trap, and found over 100 moths flapping around, it was so full many were on the outside, which flew off as I tried to get the egg boxes out.

One hundred and ninety four I am after the large and flashy species, I take shots of those I can, and leave the rest in shade so they can fly off during the day or later in the day.

Jools went to the pool for a swim, and then to work, so I was all alone.

Well, and the cats.

I had tasks to do, the main one being creating a flow diagram of the new process so IT can map it.

Hope this makes sense.

It doesn't to me.

I have another coffee and toast with nutella. Nutella I have found, is 30% palm oil, so I am stopping eating it when this jar is gone. Man, I'll go cold turkey that day/week I can tell you.

THere was no time for the radio, nor podcasts, just on with the shitshow.

The weather did not improve during the day. No sun, and a fairly strong breeze.

Anyway, from one there was Le Tour to watch, so I took the laptop to the sofa and watched as they cycled up and down mountains, in the best day's racing on Le Tour for years.

And once the race was run, I prepare breaded chicken, salad and boiled baby new potatoes for dinner.

Yummy.

And for the evening there was more women's football, but was too tired again to watch the second half of the second game.

No comments: