Wednesday 13 July 2022

Tuesday 12th July 2022

A day nearer the super hot weather of the weekend, and news is that Sunday through Tuesday will be the worst, maybe getting to near 40 degrees C. But over night, cloud rolled in, so that shroud of cloud took the edge off the temperatures. But it was humid.

And once in work, my soon-to-be-ex-boss went ill, possibly with COVID.

And this being the first week of the holiday season in Denmark, very few people working, so mails and calls were very few and between.

First think I went out to check the moth trap, only to find the lamp not on, so none caught. I would try again in the evening.

I started work at seven, and now that I have to turn the laptop off each afternoon due to the battery being so hot, so each morning takes 5 minutes to power up, log on and access data via the VPN.

And that's on a good day.

I should have gone for a walk, but it really was too hot for that shit. Although I said I would go out later, I knew I wouldn't.

One hundred and ninety three I had meetings.

Coffee.

Breakfast.

Another coffee.

I wish it could be more exciting than this, but that really is as good as it got.

Oh, the windows got cleaned, and the guy didn't notice the replacement units and the lack of fogging.

But we notice. When we're inside.

Looking out.

In the afternoon, I take the laptop to the sofa and I watch my first stage of Le Tour, and was hooked by the rave and scenry, and now wondering why I didn't watch it all last week. Seems like I times it well, as the race is heading into the foothills of The Alps.

Dinner was honey and mustard marinated pok chops, rice and stir fry.

Not quite the triumph as I should have used a frying pan, so the chops dried out and the marinade badly burned. But they tasted good.

More football in the evening, but several nights of poor sleep meant I was never going to watch the second half.

No comments: