Thursday 28 July 2022

Wednesday 27th July 2022

Pay day. And hump day. We are now in the 25th week of the annual holiday season in Denmark. There is just me and a guy in Taiwan running the whole company at the moment. Would anyone notice if I wasn't here? Who knows. Water actually fell from the sky. Rain. Cats came in wet, shook themselves near me, and go out again. Rinse and repeat. Jools went swimming at six, and I slept until I heard her leave in the car. Must be time to get up! It would be just a half day at work as we were having a long promised high tea with our friends, Gary and JUlie, in thanks for them looking after the cats in 2019 when we did a series of overnight trips so they came to feed the cats. And then along came COVID and isolation and we put off and put off the meeting. Into 2022, and there was a holiday for me, then orchid season, Gary went away. Twice, Julie went to Greece. And then the Dining Club brochure came round and there was a high tea event. So, we booked. In the event, Jools leaving work at quarter to one, driving home, get changed and us get to Deal to find a parking space and meet up with Gary and Julie outside the Just Reproach at twenty to two, would be tight. Even worse that with a train strike, the car park was full, so I dropped Jools off and I said I would find a spot somewhere else. In the event, just near to the end of the pier I got the one free space, paid to park, and cut through an alleyway and met up with the others. Two hundred and eight We walked to the Club, we shown to our table and a huge pot of tea brought. And so began the tea ceremony; me stiring the bags in the pot at regular intervals, then pouring a little in each cup, and again and again in roation so we all get the same strength brews. Though Jools had fruit tea. The real Deal First up was a selection of three finger sandwiches, which made for a whole one, if that makes sense so there was no worry about eating too much. Then came Pimms flavoured scones, minted strawberry jam and Pimms flavoured double cream. And more tea. Lots more tea. Finally, a selection of four cakes, including something called Tottenham cake. Which was fine. The other three tarts were all too sweet really. We took two home each to have for our supper. The real Deal We bid Gary and Julie goodbye, then Jools and myself walk to No Name Shop to get some cheese for supper. Three small cheeses and two baguettes came to £19. But it was pay day. We walked back to the car, drove home past the fair set up on the green in Walmer. It was already booming out Europop and other stuff. Must be hell for the locals. I thought about comeing one evening for photography...... We got home, I made a coffee, and we chilled out. Jools did beading. I wrote a blog and so was ready for when the second semi-final started. I wasn't going to watch it all, but did, so was very sleepy at ten when Germany ran out winner, so will now play England in the final.

No comments: