Wednesday 27 July 2022

Tuesday 26th July 2022

Tuesday. Back to work.

The Scandinavian endless summer vaction goes on and on. At least my new boss is back after he moving his family from a picturesque Swiss village to Hamburg. I told him, no amount of money would have been enough for me to move from there.

Anyway.

I am bushed. No amount of sleep would have been enough. And these short summer nights mean I was awake before five as usual.

So, up at five fifteen. And we have coffee.

I have another coffee.

So I am just about ready for work at seven.

Not much has happened other than my travel expesnse for £0.00 has been rejected for "reasons". I mean why do I have to submit a report for literally nothing? If I don't they will block my credit card and I won't be able to travel any more.

I see no downsides to that situation if I'm honest.

I stare at the reporting tool and if I'm honest, I have no idea.

It is cool and breezy. And if I'm honest, I can't be arsed to go for a walk. Between working, I mess around online, listen to music and so the day passes.

Being back home, I am at the beck and call of our four feline masters, and they know how to get my attention so I give them kitty kibbles to get peace and quiet.

The post brings a new memory card for my primary camera. Te old one is falling to lieces, so I fear for my camera when I push the old one in. This is a massive upgrade in downloading time. Though it wo't make my pictures any better, but should be able to shoot more shots with my finger on she shutter.

Two hundred and seven Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I pack up at three, and should have done something. I do some vacuuming in the dining room, so at least I did something.

Dinner is caprese, and we have leftover focaccia from Sunday.

What the heck, I have wine and Jools has cider.

For the evening there is the first semi-final in the women's Euros; England v Sweden, which would be England's thoughest test.

Or should have been.

But England score just before half time, and get a second just after half time, and then the magic as Alessia Russo scores with a backheel through the goalkeepers legs. One of the greatest goals of all time, in either the men or women's game. And England wrap it up with a lobbed fourth to cruise into the final.

Wow.

No comments: