Saturday 7 October 2023

Friday 6th October 2023

Up early to take Jools to the station so she could catch the train to that London, on her way to Alexandra Palace for the Knitting and Craft show.

Two hundred and seventy nine She's not been for several years, and any other time I would have gone with her, but I had important meetings I could not avoid.

So, dropping her off at half six, then rush back home to put the bins out, make a brew and log on for work.

Phew.

That done, I made finishing touches to my audit report, add some colourful slides and positive comments, attend the monthly "coffee" morning, where more strangers have been invited possibly suggesting new members in our team, or even a new boss.

I have my big meeting at one, with many directors and senior managers to listen to my report findings. There were some arguments, but in the end, accepted.

Fifteen minutes later, Jools called to say she was at Dover and could I pick her up from Martin Mill, so I do.

It was nice enough to sit outside to drink brews once she was back, watching the birds getting some calories in before darkness falls.

In the quiz, I came 9th, so two points, and I am wondering whether to argue the point that a rattle snake is NOT a sidewinder.

Anyways.

To Jen's, and news now that John doesn't want us to go to his either now, as he feels that would be a burden, so from next week we will meet at two or so.

But for now, there was just the three of us. We had supper of spag bol, then cleared up to play cards.

And Lady Luck smiled on me once again as I scooped the 30p kitty.

Back home at half eight in time to watch the second half of the Brum Derby.

No comments: