Thursday 19 October 2023

So, goodbye then, Twitter

I have been on Twitter nearly 13 years, but I have not posted there for two weeks now.

I can no longer stay knowing what the Space Karen has done to the site, remving checks and balances so that hate can thrive, and the oppressed either are scorned or they leave.

Twitter wasn't always bad, but it wasn't all good either.

But it is a bin fire now, with rumours of people having to pay to use the site, but even that would be a buck a year, it would mean giing the Space Karen your bank details.

I tried to make Mastodon work.

I have been on their ten months, and I never got on with it, never got engaged with anyone, really, as no one ever responded to my posts there. Yet when I said I was leaving, a guy responded to say he loved my train pictures and would miss them. He never liked to reposted any of them. I stayed on for two more days then dropped off.

For good.

I am now on Bluesky, which is like how Twitter used to be. Simple and friendly. Its on beta at the moment and you need an invite code from an existing member to join. A friend sent me a code, I joined and had more interaction in half an hour than I had in ten months on Mastodon.

I could point out what is wrong with Twitter, but you can read that on other, better written blogs and articles.

One billionaire man-baby destroyed the site in a year, just so he could allow racists and nazis back to taunt. To own the libs.

No comments: