Thursday 19 October 2023

Wednesday 18th October 2023

And so to Wednesday.

The last day of this working week, and at the end of it, a four day weekend will begin.

Yay.

As with most working days, it was of a familiar pattern.

I did have a number of lose ends to tie up, most importantly, the travel expense report for my last two trips, totally nearly five grand, I kid you not.

The computer has been sending me angry reminders every two days.

I have to:

1. Photograph the receipts with my phone.

2. Download them from the phone to my home computer.

3. Send them via 6 mails, so the total does not exceed 25MB in each mail, to my work e mail address.

4. Wait for the mails to arrive.

5. Download the pictures, edit them so they'll all below 5MB each.

6. Attach each to an open entry on the company credit card.

6. Fill out VAT rate, country issued, city issues the receipt.

And so on.

Submit reports.

That took three hours.

It was lunch, so I had something to eat, then tackled the inbox, agreed dates for the audit in France next month, set out of office message and

Station Road Done.

I remember at a talk given by a friend I had agreed to give a talk in the village on orchids of the UK. I heard nothing since, so the telegraph pole on Station road is is where the society puts their schedules for talks.

Station Road And there I was, January 12th.

I have prepared the talk, collected the photos and so is pretty much ready to go.

Just as well the talk is going ahead, then.

I make some focaccia to go with Caprese for dinner, which came out the best yet. Crispy on the outside and spongy inside.

For the evening, we go with Bev and Steve for the monthly quiz at the Lighthouse in Walmer.

Green ernest Only its throwing it down outside, and blowing a gale. And had been all afternoon, but we braved it. Bev did well to steer the car through the standing water into Walmer, and then find a place to park outside the pub.

Two hundred and ninety one We were early, but it filled up quick, tables a little too close really, but fin and lively.

And good that we did, we came 4th, just our lack of knowledge of Stephen King really let us down and prevented us from winning some cold hard cash.

Still fun though.

And they had a green beer on, though now coming to the end of the season.

No comments: