Tuesday 3 October 2023

Sunday 1st October 2023

Sunday.

No work.

And with heavy rain forecast most of the day, what to do to fill it?

Two hundred and seventy four Being an only child, I can do that.

It did help to lay in to half seven, the go down for breakfast at half eight, and find dozens of darts players and fans in the hotel, wearing garish tops, as some kind of amateur world championship ended the previous night in the city. Folks from Scotland, Sweden and the US, all nursing hangovers of various strengths.

Two doors of Esbjerg I decide at then, I can't loll around here all day, so went for a walk as the rain had reduced to a drizzle.

A walk in Esbjerg My plan was to walk to the station via the church and maybe snapping anything that caught my attention. But soon the rain began to fall harder, so I took refuge in the Burger King in the new shopping centre, and make a milkshake last an hour while I read my book.

A walk in Esbjerg Next door is the station, so I thought I would take a few naps of the action, and in an abandoned bay platform I did some botanising.

A walk in Esbjerg Trains cancelled, with passengers racing from train to train, only to find that new train was also cancelled. Lots of disappointed passengers.

A walk in Esbjerg However, at two I was due to meet friends in Dronning Louise, so I wander over there dodging the raindrops, to find Brian and Jesper were already there, and by the time we went inside and I got the drinks in, Steffen arrived too.

A walk in Esbjerg The old gang back together.

We talked and had lunch together, and drank a beer or two, while outside the rain fell heavier than ever.

A walk in Esbjerg By the time we were done, at least the rain had stopped, so I bid my friends goodbye, and scamper back to the hotel before the rain started again.

A walk in Esbjerg I did not leave my room for the rest of the day, instead I listened to podcasts, wrote and had a shower.

And that was that.

No comments: