Wednesday 25 October 2023

Tuesday 24th October 2023

Tuesday.

It feels like winter is here already, even if the clocks don't go back until Sunday morning. Its dark now until nearly seven, and the light begins to fade soon after four, and is almost dark by five.

How did that happen?

And it is getting chilly. Which means closing windows and the cats getting used to share the cat flap without fighting. There are issues, and sometimes hissing, spitting and the occasional fight, but its going well so far.

By the time I get up, the cats have been fed and are settling down for a hard day's snoozing. I drink coffee and thin about work.

I have travel to France to arrange for next month, which will fit in very well with Christmas Belgian Beers to fill the boot of the hire car.

Its a hard life and someone's got to do the job, just as well be me.

So, the day begins with rain and drizzle outside, better than the heavy rain we were expecting.

I shivered, so make another coffee to warm and wake up.

And so the day progresses, not much happened, just the usual.

Come the afternoon, I should have gone for a walk, but a painful back said otherwise. Maybe I should not have given in to it, but I did.

Dinner was to be Caprese, made with two ingredients bought in London last week. Olive oil pressed at the beginning of the month, which would be drizzled over the meal, and smoked mozzarella.

New season oil I asked for some fresh at one of the stalls. Smoked or ordinary?

Smoked mozzarella Well, I can get unsmoked at Tesco, so choose smoked.

How smoky could a smoked soft cheese be?

Very, as it turned out. I could smell it as I cut the cheese, and on my hands afterwards. And in the completed meal it was just stunning, the cheese not only was smoky, but also a luxurious creaminess that stuff from Tesco just lacks.

Two hundred and ninety seven I also made a focaccia too, and altogether it was another stunning meal.

After we had cleared up, I settled down to listen to the Champion's League on the radio whilst watching Leicester play on the TV, and follow Norwich via Twitter.

Sigh.

No comments: