Tuesday 24 October 2023

Monday 23rd October 2023

And back to work after a four day weekend. A four day weekend that did recharge my batteries and put me in a good mood.

There was to be rain in the afternoon, but dawn and sunrise were pretty special, so I went to take shots before making the second coffee of the day.

Jools left for work just after six, so I was able to sit in the near darkness and ponder the fact that I may only have 22 more months on the grindstone before I can finish. Heck, I could finish tomorrow if I wanted, but life might be harder than need be.

Two hundred and ninety six Anyway, I can pretend I enjoy working for a few more months.

Oddly, there were very few mails for me to deal with, most just needing filing in the "meh" folder, if that's still a thing. I spoke to Rune, who was back after a week off, and in a week his Mother had gown ill, passed away and buried. The pain still raw for him.

Monday The day dragged through the morning, leading to the highlight of the day was trying some new oatcakes for lunch. These wedge-shaped ones were thicker than the usual ones, and very enjoyable they were too.

Rock and roll.

Outside the rain began to fall, the cats looked out mournfully.

Jools was going to go to aquafit in the evening, but had developed a bad cough, so cancelled, only for it to start again when home. Turns out she had not been taking her inhaler, once she had things got a lot less coughier.

Football in the evening with Tottenham playing Fulham, and winning, so went back to the top of the league.

No comments: