Sunday 1 October 2023

Saturday 30th September 2023

I wake at ten past nine.

I was still in Denmark, in Shaggy's house.

I needed to clean my teeth.

A lot.

That done, I go to the kitchen where there was a pot of tea, so I have a brew and as nice as the morning was, I felt the need to move on.

Sct. Pauls Kirke, Hadsten, Denmark So I packed, loaded the car and said farewells.

I do get the feeling this might be my last trip to Denmark, no matter how much Tina says "next time you come over.......", this trip is costing the company the best part of three grand on flights, car, hotels and meals. Will I deliver three grand of improvements? Depends on anyone reading my report, of course.

Sct. Pauls Kirke, Hadsten, Denmark I drive back to the main road, stopping at the striking church in the next town.

Sct. Pauls Kirke, Hadsten, Denmark I receive a welcome that I wouldn't describe as warm, but cautious. But unusual enough, for Denmark, to make the stop and shots worthwhile.

Sct. Pauls Kirke, Hadsten, Denmark Back in the car, and thanks to linking my phone, I could listen to podcasts as I drove.

Back to the motorway, sorry motovej, and an hour south to Velje, where I turn due west for Esbjerg.

Two hundred and seventy three Sunny spells and occasional heavy showers. But traffic was light, few trucks, so was pleasant, and with all day for the trip, I cruise at 110.

If it was dry, I told myself I would go to Ribe for a wander and an ice cream. But it seemed most of Denmark and quite a bit of Germany had the same idea, with both car parks I visited being full, so I turned round and went back along the coast to Esbjerg, where I found my room was ready so I could check in and have a shower.

Esbjerg And being 18 hours since last eating, I set out for lunch, deciding either on Dronning Louise or the Posthuset, the old post office.

I wandered up the hightstreet, with shops closing, to the main square. Posthuset was pretty empty, so I go in, get a table and order burger and a large coke.

Sadly, not the best burger I've had, but it di the trick. I followed that with salted caramel ice cream and a coffee.

From there I walked to the sports bar to watch the footy, with the Man Utd v Palace game being shown live.

I stayed for the first half, but decided I needed a lay down, so walked back to the hotel to follow the game. And Palace won 1-0, and Norwich beat Birmingham 2-0.

Evening game was Spurs v Liverpool, and was so good I venture out to watch the second half at the sports bar. Liverpool down to ten men, soon nine men, were drawing, but 11 man Spurs could not break the Reds down. Until one last cross into the box and the ball pinged in off a Liverpool defender.

The crowd. Went. Wild.

I went back to my room.

No comments: