Friday 13 October 2023

Thursday 12th October 2023

After nearly three weeks of travel, which felt like three months, I am back home for a bit.

There is nothing like your own bed, especially when Cleo sleeps on your legs too.

In those three weeks, however, dawn has moved pretty much half an hour later, doubly so on a dull and cloudy morning, meaning it feels too early to be up.

With Donna away, Jools is doing the work of two people, so left just after six, leaving me with the contrary cats to deal with.

And work.

I have audit reports to write, and updates to, well, update, so the day starts slow and continues.

Everyone is so busy, so no one to share my issues with, just get on with writing my reports.

Come three, its cool and cloudy, with a hint of rain, so I go to look at the garden, take some shots of the flowers that are still showing well, and come back in to have a brew and prepare fritters for dinner.

Two hundred and eighty five I have wine, because it feels like a luxury, even when it's cheap red plonk at fifteen quid a box.

There is football on YouTube, England under 21s, against Serbia. I go to bed just before half time with the score 2-1 to England. They score another just after I go upstairs, and then six more in the second half.

One day to the weekend, peeps.

No comments: