Tuesday 17 October 2023

Monday 16th October 2023

I only have a three day week this week, so back to the 1970s for me!

Although the truth is that I am owed time from when I went to Denmark, was away for a weekend and a 16 hour days when I came back.

So, some stuff planned, but I shall leave that as a surprise for when you read it at the end of the week.

It was another cold and bright morning, the sun now rising over Kingsdown Way the other side of the valley, turning the sky red with its early morning anger, and then is behind clouds, the day brightens and we begin our day.

It was a day of meetings and writing reports, phone calls and ignoring the demands for action on travel expenses and overdue IT equipment to be returned. How much can a three year old i phone with a cracked screen be?

These are only system generated messages, delivering what it called a final and red warning.

Not sure what comes next.

I tell my boss I'll deal with it, and she leaves it at that.

I take shots of the garden. All is pretty much done now for winter, Jools took the raspberry canes out when I was away, so we have a large border to fill, and if you look in the lawnmeadow, the wintergreen rosettes of orchids and other spring plants are already forming.

Two hundred and eighty nine Jools does some aquafit on Monday evenings, so we have a snack when she comes home after that finishes, and just a brew at half five when she gets back from work.

Its dark just after six now, and at the end of next week, the clocks go back and the real darkness takes over.

I have bacon butties at half seven, and make ones for Jools when she gets back. I did not have the heating on and the house felt cold. I put a blanket on the bed before I get in it, just to be sure of staying warm.

No comments: