Sunday 29 September 2024

Friday 27th September 2024

Of course, after a vacation, comes the chores.

Shopping. Picking up the cats. Washing.

But we are home.

And picking up the cats is very much a good thing.

There was lots of things we wanted to do, but the weather would have a say on that.

After coffee, Jools went to Lydden to collect the cats after she went swimming, leaving me at home, to put the last of stuff away and so we have a tidy house once more.

Two hundred and sixty one Yes, there has been change in weather since leaving Cannes, as you would expect.

Rain, and lots of it, with cold driving wind too. That began just before Jools came back with the cats, so I get soaked going out to help get them out of the car and releasing them back free once again.

They had been away 15 nights, which is about as long as they have been in a cattery, so once back, the meowed, all meowed, even Poppy, a lot.

They had been well fed and looked after, and yet they were demanding more of both. We gave them attention, but told them they would have to wait until four for tea.

Meow, they said.

And outside the rain hammered down, so we put the heating on after closing all windows.

In two days we have gone from being where it was too humid to sleep to now needing blankets.

I wrote and edited shots through the afternoon, and just before dinner, I got some amazing news, which if you want to know, you'll have to seek out my blog.

But this called called for a celebration, so got one of the beers I bought in Calais, 12.5%. I have had weaker wines!

Bush Prestige In my defence I will says I didn't drink the whole bottle, and that might explain my poor performance in the music quiz.

I watched football, drank silly strong beer, and snacked.

A fine evening all round.

2 comments:

nztony said...

What an amazing holiday you had, it looked and sounded absolutely wonder and super good news on the work front too.

jelltex said...

It was a great trip, not just the destination, but the places we called in at on the way there and back. Still trying to get my head round the work news, to be honest, almost too good to be true, but meeting with interim manager at 1 tomorrow.