Saturday 28 September 2024

In surprising news

No, really.

Since the end of April, my relationship with my boss has deteriorated to the point I had a small stress-related breakdown in August, and at the beginning of September I formally requested a transfer to another department.

That request was not acted upon, instead a meeting was called with my manager and I, along with two folks from HR. In the meeting my manager accused me of insubordination. When in fact I was following our internal processes and ISO 19011 requirements.

I asked for a retraction or that the accusation be placed on my permanent record, so that I could formally challenge it.

That was not done either.

So, my plan up to this point has been to get to the end of each day, each week, thus getting nearer retirement.

Then it was getting to the start of the vacation to Tuscany.

However, time was running out, I am back at work on MOnday, and hostilities were to be resumed.

I thought I would have no choice but to resign, and somehow we could muddle through for the missing 11 months of wages before retirement.

Not that I am the only one in the department who has issues with the manager, we are all looking at transfers, or resigning, although in meetings with HR the manager refused to accept this and was all down to me reacting badly to critism.

Well.

Last night just before six, my work phone updated its OS, and when it came back there was a notification rgarding a meeting for Monday entitled Changes in Audit Department.

To say I was interested would be an understatement.

THe Manager is leaving at the end of work on Monday, no news on why as yet. But this news came as a shock, a good shock mind.

So, back to work on Monday with a spring in my step rather than with clouds of doom and gloom over my head.

No comments: