Saturday 14 September 2024

Thursday 12th September 2024

Last day at work for two weeks, and we have to start with the olde grande cat round-up.

When we go to India, Sylv is coming to look after them, but this time, a new cattery, but first, the round up.

We lay in bed to nearly six, and grab the kittys one by one, placing each in a locked room until Poppy comes in at quarter to seven, we then have to pour the howling, scratching balls of fur into the boxes ready for the short trip to Lydden at nine.

Jools leaves for work on time, and i begin work, trying to ignore the caterwauling chorus behind me. Even Poppy joins in.

At nine I load the car, along with some blankets, and take them via Whitfield and the A2 to the old Circuit junction, down the hill to the farm.

Two hundred and fifty six Meow.

The owner comes to meet us, and Mulder and Scully in one pen, Poppy and Cleo in the other. Paperwork is sorted and date to pick them up confirmed.

And I am done.

Back to the A2, fill up at Barham before turning back home, and after a rushed breakfast, back down to work, through till three.

I had one last mail to send, so before sending that, I go out to scarify the lawnmeadow, pick up the dried thatch, and this time scatter the Yellow Rattle and Corncockle seed I collected in July and put aside to dry.

I have a beer while watching the Elephant hawkmoths, while a Hummingbird hawkmoth feeds on the Hotlips Salvia.

I go inside, send three more mails, and close the computer down.

I am done.

So, tidy the kitchen, and put stuff away, nothing to cook as Jools was bringing home a chippy tea.

Once we had eaten, we tidy up, I clean the litter trays and all the other stuff, before we pack and have showers.

All done.

All ready.

No comments: