Thursday 12 September 2024

Tuesday 10th September 2024

There have been some exotic moths captured along the south coast in the last week, but those were on the mild nights it rained here, so I did not trap. Two hundred and fifty four Monday night I put the trap out, but being near autumn, clear skies make the temperature plunge, and numbers were way down.

I did catch and snap a Common Plume, as well as a Cadis Fly, which is not a moth. And something I have not heard of since my IS Lessons at Middle School in 1977.

Limnephilus flavicornis With rain due, I made sure I encouraged the moths to fly off, so I could pack the trap away, from what was probably the last use of the trap this year.

I went up to the house to make coffee and gird more loins for a working day.

I am running out of working days this month, with the road trip beginning on Friday, and so two weeks off and so no thoughts of work.

There is the report to finish, then agendas for future audits to plan and prepare for.

I do wonder what this is all for, writing reports people never read, and who's backside am I covering, my own or managements?

Not for much longer, mind.

The day slips by, with just the usual stuff happening, and regular breaks for teas, breakfast and lunch.

We present the final report in the afternoon, which hit like a bowl of cold collation into their faces.

Ans that was the day.

More wind and rain in the afternoon, with got itself together for storms in the evening, just hope it all dries out for some mowing action on Wednesday.

I make buttermilk chicken for dinner, and serve with noodles, fresh corn and creamed spinach.

It was good.

And then England v Finland, with each team fronted by former Norwich centre forwards, though Harry Kane has scored more now than he ever did at Norwich (0).

England ease to a 2-0 win, with Kane scoring both goals, and that's that.

No more football for two weeks for me.

How will I survive?

No comments: