Saturday 4 April 2020

Friday 3rd April 2020

As if to mock our current lockdown situation, for the month of April, I chose to represent it with a shot of Bourbon Street, packed with people at night.

Bourbon Street So for the whole month we can be reminded as to what crowds look like and how odd life is right now.

Whole hours go by and there is no car or truck that goes past the house, it could be like the whole world has died. Rather like Survivors, but writing this on Saturday, I can reveal that the outbreak of sunshine has brought forth the chorus of lawnmowers and hedgetrimmers.

Its the sound of the summer.

Doubly so that we have nowhere else to go.

Friday is the first day of Jools' weekend, but I have to work. I say work, man my computer in the unlikely event an important mail lands.

We have coffee, then Jools has to set up for an online yoga class. I show her how to "project" her laptop to the TV, so she sets up her mat, logs on and so come half six, there is her, three others and the teacher all waiting to start.

I go upstairs to do a session on the cross trainer. How eager I am.

And at the end of another 20 minutes I have reached the end of the playlist again. But I am done with phys for two days now, as Saturday is a designated rest day.

As usual.

I go for a shower, then get dressed and walk downstairs as Jools' class was coming to an end, just in time for me to join the early morning team meeting. Where I find out that just about the entire team is going on holiday that evening and won't be back for ten days.

So, all early morning meetings will be cancelled for ten days, meaning I could go for a late start if I wanted.

Tempting......

And so to work. Or waiting.

Jools goes to Tesco.

And silence falls on the house.

Jools had to queue for 45 minutes outside the supermarket, then obey the one way lines down each aisle, and tackle the dithering couples. Meaning she didn't get back for two hours, by which time i was in my third meeting of the day, a catch up with the boss, in which we talk about cats.

Cats Jools unloads the car, puts the shopping away, and I think we have enough stuff for a couple of weeks now. We celebrate with a brew.

The day drags, into the afternoon as nothing at all happens.

I call a fellow Flickrfriend and GWUKer to see how he is doing. I think it is something we should all try to do, reach out to let friends know we care.

I am lost for words when describing the omnishambles the country is in, mainly because with Brexit, though that was bad enough it was about money, the virus is about people's very lives, and, well, I get so angry.

Ninety four We have nachos for dinner, and I open the litre and a half bottle of quadrupel that I had been saving for when Wayne came round. I wasn't going to drink it all at once, but use a stopper in the top to keep it fresh for a day or three while i make it disappear.

It is good, as are the nachos, but there is little enthusiasm for anything else other than watching Rick Stein on the tellybox. Earlier in the day we had finished the final three episodes of Picard, and it was OK.

Rick was good, visiting lots of nice places again, including an English family living in Aquitaine which seems such a fabulous idea now.

We finish the day with Monty-less Gardener's World, but by then Scully was complaining it was bed time and told me to get my sorry ass into bed.

Which I do.

No comments: