Tuesday 28 April 2020

Monday 27th April 2020

A year has gone by since Norwich were promoted to the Premier League.

Events this year might mean that Norwich will be the longest serving Football League champions of all time. That is the least of our worries, of course.

But something to think about.

Meanwhile, back in 2020.

It was Monday. Back to work.

And back on the cross trainer. It was the last thing I felt like doing, but I keep thinking of the image I saw of my reflection in the hotel in Holywell, and am determined to get fit, lose weight and feel better.

I do feel better, and it develops a routine, meaning we are tired by nine in the evening, so we go to bed. Such things help to a positive attitude.

At least that's what we tell ourselves. Jools leaves for her morning walk, and I go upstairs to do another twenty minutes or so, all whilst listening to the radio.

I am done by ten to seven, time to make breakfast and set up the office ready for work. Inbetween, Jools comes back, gathers her stuff and is gone. Leaving me and the cats.

The Lilac Time And I am alone again.

No news in the meeting, just that we are all well and still laughing, mainly because in Denmark, shops and hairdressers are opening again. But not here.

The day was not filled with stuff, other than meetings: three hours in the morning and 90 minutes in the afternoon. By the time the afternoon one had finished, my ears were sweating and aching.

Last thing I felt like doing was phys, but you know, because, I do go up and get another 20 minutes done. This is now, by far, the longest health kick we have done. We deserve a medal.

Outside, it was another glorious day, but sitting at the table for hours on end meant I got cold, and was soon feeling really quite ill. I break away from the meeting to put a coat on, it barely helped. But the phys and hot shower did improve things.

One hundred and eighteen I go to sit in the back garden for a bit, but time was ticking on and would soon be time to start dinner. And even though not much happened through the day, I can't remember what we had. Currently racking my braincell.Oh year, pizza with added slice chorizo.

And beer.

And another beer.

Followed by ice cream and coffee.

Because, Monday.

And that was that. A quiet evening listening to radio, then bed at nine.

As usual.

No comments: