Friday 3 April 2020

Thursday 2nd April 2020

It is strange how we fall into a routine even in most bizarre times.

We hardly go out, even when the sun shines. Orchid season has begun and yet I am not going to look for them, at least not in anywhere where you'd need to drive to get to.

Days and weeks blur into each other.

But we did get paid on Tuesday, which is something many don't have the solace of.

It was a Thursday, meaning Jools was working from the office, so I had the house, and cats, to myself.

I slept through the alarm again, not as though we are doing that much to get tired doing, but I am still doing session on the cross trainer, and being a Thursday, I am back on program after Wednesday's rest day.

I do another 20 minutes, finish and join the early morning meeting to swap news before I sit staring at the work in box waiting for work to tumble in.

I can reveal to you now, no work tumbled in. All day.

But I was, in body of not in spirit.

In the end, I spent most of the day cooking.

Ninety three I made a potato bread roll to go with a can of French onion soup, though I doubt if the can was really French.

Then after finding no tortilla chips, I make a ragu sauce. And doing it properly takes most of the day.

Serious times clals for serious solutions But it keeps me off the streets.

Outside it is cloudy and cold. Sun does break through on occasion, so I was able to snap the garden in its best (sun)light.

Imperial parade By four, I have dinner under control, so go to do another session on the cross trainer, ramping up the resistance again.

Phew.

Jools calls to say she would be back home late, giving me time to have a shower and be all nice and clean for when she came home.

I had also made a stuffed focaccia loaf, and made garlic mustard pesto to spread on the cheese inside the loaf.

It was all rather wonderful, I have to say.

We eat it all up, well, half the ragu could be frozen for another day. We tidy up, make coffee and have posh chocolate coated biscuits, which has become rather a habit this week.

Jools beats me at Uckers before the three glasses of wine catches up and we head to bed at nine.

No comments: