Wednesday 1 April 2020

Tuesday 31st March 2020

Tuesday.

I worked home from home alone.

But was to be quite an interesting day.

But as usual, I slept through the alarm, I woke up to Jools making coffee, so I get up and go downstairs.

All is good, just before going to do my first session, I set up the office, but the work laptop#s power light and cap lock lights were flashing.

I thought that odd. I mean I know the battery hadn't been charging, it would fire up OK. Wouldn't it?

I did my work out and came down expecting the crisis to be over.

It wasn't.

I tried holding the power button down for a "hard" reset.

Nothing.

I unplug the computer, plug it back in again. The lights start flashing again.

I send a message to my boss from my private e mail addy explaining the situation. She doesn't see it.

In two hours, I try everything.

Nothing works. Its deader than flares.

I long onto webmail from my home PC, and so am able to do the basics.

And I contact the IT manager at UK head office, where he tells me he is no longer in that role, but gives me hints as to what to do. I remove the back cover, take out the battery, put it back in. Nothing works.

It's worse than that it's dead Jim But I have the part number for the battery, I order a replacement from Amazon, and then contact Central IT and they tell me to order a new laptop.

Sigh.

I do get in contact with my boss. Where were you at the early meeting she asks? Funny story I said. So, I explain.

Just as well things at work are not that hectic.

I have access to e mail, I can keep on top of urgent stuff, I just have to wait for the new battery/new computer, whichever arrives first.

Early in the afternoon, with the sun hight in the sky, I decide to go for a walk.

With my work laptop out of action until a new battery is delivered, or they supply a replacement, I had some time on my hands, so mid-afternoon, take myself and a couple of cameras for a walk.

Walk to Windy Ridge The objective was the top wood at Windy Ridge, where Jools said she had seen violas and wood anemones, and with travel elsewhere impossible, I thought I'd investigate.

Walk to Windy Ridge Over the fields to and past Fleet House, down past the farm and up the long slope towards the wood, having to dodge out of the way of a tractor returning from farrowing.

Walk to Windy Ridge The wood was carpeted by wood anemones and dog violets, possibly the first time I have seen flowers there.

Walk to Windy Ridge From the end of the wood is was mostly downhill to home, and with a tail wind too.

Walk to Windy Ridge Easy pace and it felt almost warm in the sun.

Walk to Windy Ridge Back home I check on mails, have a brew and go on the cross trainer for an early session, then have a shower, get dressed and am back at work, where find nothing had happened. And by then most people in Denmark had finished for the day.

Walk to Windy Ridge Dinner was to be dirty burgers and beer. Which is what I cooked once Jools came home, then called into a Zoom meeting with my orchid/music friend, Henry, where we cracked open a beer, and talk and drank.

Common Dog Violet Viola riviniana I chose a litre bottle of Chimay Grande Reserve at 10.5%. I thought I had left than half a glass, but I had nearly drained the whole bottle, I found out today. Somehow I managed to stay awake until nine, listen to the radio, read in bed before falling sleep wrapped round Scully.

No comments: