Tuesday 14 April 2020

Monday 13th April 2020

Last week, I received a redirected letter addressed to Mum for people who she met with Dad on holiday more than a quarter of a century ago.

Four people all at the same age I am now, sitting on a sundrenched terrace drinking cocktails.

Unlike most people who wrote to Mum, they left a return address, so I wrote them a mail explaining what had happened to Mum. And today, Tuesday, I get a call from them offering apologies and sympathies. I explain Mum's history with heart attacks, of which they knew nothing.

Oh well.

I thank them for their friendship over the years, especially as this week sees it being 24 years since Dad died.

I have no idea where the time goes.

I spent my second session on the cross trainer at what age I will be when I will be twice as old as I was when Dad died. Not hard in the end, 62.

Time presses on.

But to Monday.

Bank Holiday.

And it was cold. Cloudy and blew a gale.

So we did little.

After the first coffee I did a session on the cross trainer, then had a shower.

I have to be honest, I have no idea what we did all morning. But it did take all morning to do.

Coffee might have been involved.

Lunch was sausage rolls and a candy bar. Followed by another Snickers an hour later.

Which was nice.

I forced Jools, at gunpoint, to watch what is hopefully the final Red Dwarf, a 90 minute special I taped, though the actual running time was nearer an hour. Thank goodness for fast forward.

There were some good lines in it.

Some.



Outside sun breaks through, but the wind still howls and it feels almost cold enough for snow.

We have more coffee. As sleep is over rated.

I defrost some ragu for dinner, make garlic bread and cook some pasta, and dinner is prepared.

It is rather marvelous I have to say, and all done in about half an hour.

I finish the box of wine, and the world is good.

One hundred and four Tomorrow it is back to work, and who knows what.

I beat Jools at Uckers, and all is well.

No comments: