Thursday 2 April 2020

Wednesday 1st April 2020

April Fools Day (cancelled).

I say cancelled, because after the chaos of this year, no one could make any shit crazier.

Could they?

And Jools and I had all day working from the dining room table to look forward to.

It was another bright, if cold day, and in ideal conditions and other times we could have played hooky and gone looking for orchids and butterflies.

But these are not normal times.

Few planes now fly over the house, few cars now travel up and down the road. As my old "Aunt" Nelly would have said, its like the world t'died.

She was from Bolton.

And it was a rest day for me, so I could laze abed until it was light. Just as well as I slept through the alarm, and when I did wake up, I laid trying to work out if Jools was up or not.

She was up and at the dining room table. If I make lots of noise in getting up maybe she would make me the first coffee of the day.

Which she does.

She does some phys, goes for a walk, and I join the early morning meeting and have to explain the dead computer and that I had saved current work to the desktop rather than sharepoint or onedrive.

Silly me.

And then Jools and I sit at our respective computers waiting for work to come in.

My goodness the hours laid heavy on us. I find myself planning lunch at nine in the morning, and dinner at lunchtime.

Ninety two Nothing much exciting happens. Though I did miss the white tailed eagle flying over the house earlier.

We have lunch.

And we have early afternoon coffee sitting outside.

Nothing much happens.

At the end of the day, for Jools the shit hit the fan, caused by poor communication more than anything. I sympathise, and the day ends.

I cook dinner, chorizo hash, which was wonderful as ever.

I did go out during the day to snap the garden, but left the memory card in the computer the day before, so no shots.

It is possible that restrictions will get tighter still, so little chance of seeing orchids any time soon.

And most radio shows now will be pre-recorded, so we enjoy the last of the live Marc Riley shows on 6 Records.

No comments: