Tuesday 7 April 2020

Monday 6th April 2020

Back to work. Though it is Easter week.

And it seems that almost all my colleagues have taken the chance to have the whole week off, as Thursday and Good Friday are holidays in Denmark.

This means the early morning meetings have been cancelled, so no having to be sat down ready to work at half seven, all showered and with combed hair and trousers on No, I could do the usual and sit around in me pants.

Not really.

But it is the second Monday on which Jools and myself would be working from home. Last week went well, so why worry?

Well, as it turned out, not all went well.

We were up and attem at six, I did my first session on the cross trainer at half past, and was ready for work having had breakfast, by eight.

And there was nothing on.

No mails.

No calls.

Nothing.

And most of my contacts had set out of office messages.

So, we were on our own. With cats, clearly.

Anyway, I got a spare battery for the laptop, which means I could get all my data off it, so wan't lost. As I had gotten lazy and saved stuff to the desktop rather than sharpoint or onedrive.

So, my fault.

So, the day was spent with transferring files from my desktop to the department's sharepoint site, sow e could all use them.

Ninety seven This was made harder with the internet dropping out all the time, it took six hours to transfer all the files in their neat folders and add metadata, without which the whole company couldn't find anything.

Apparently.

We have an early lunch. I cook the remaining chicken goujons, some spicy mushrooms all on a pancake.

It was a bit much, but in fairness, I had resisted the wine. So was just about fit for the afternoon shift.

And then more of the same in the afternoon.

Jools has more trouble with her employer's VPN than I have, and takes ages to do tasks that should take seconds.

It is frustrating.

Coffee?

Another coffee?

I do another session on the cross trainer leaving Jools the whole of the bandwidth to work with.

Ground Ivy Glechoma hederacea So I do another 20 minutes or so, and end up all hot and sweaty. But put that right with a shower.

Fine.

Outside, the fine morning had clouded over just as expected, and there had been some rain. But the fresh breeze chased the clouds away, but it felt "bracing".

We watch the first two episodes of series 4 of The Expanse, have pizza and the left over quadrupel for dinner, and that was that.

Not taxing at all, and no one's health at risk. I feel quite guilty about the easy life we're leading compared to some.

No comments: