Wednesday 15 April 2020

Tuesday 14th April 2020

Back to work.

After a four day weekend, and four previous days when most of Denmark, thus my colleagues, had gone on early holiday, most would be back.

And Jools would be heading into the office, so it would be me and the cats all day.

The birds sing from before five in the morning now, just when the curtains give a hint of light. I lay in bed and listen, and nod off again, waking when Jools is up and about. I stomp about so that Jools knows I am up and will put the coffee on.

It works, when I go down the coffee is waiting for me, and Scully sits under a chair, washing after deciding, all things considered, she would eat breakfast.

Which is nice.

Jools does some phys, has a shower then goes out for a walk, as walking around Hythe is now difficult. I go up and do a session on the cross trainer, pumping lard to a Pat Benatar soundtrack. Tunes I have not heard in a decade. The 20 minutes flies by.

I am done, sit in the garden for a couple of minutes until I realise it is really cold, almost cold enough for a frost, but the sun is quickly climbing, and would soon take the chill off the day.

I get the screen and keyboard out of the porch, plug it all together with the laptop, which still works, all ready in time for the meeting, We are all on time, all smiling, the Danes all refreshed after their ten days off.

One hundred and five We are all happy, though some suffering from cabin fever, but other than that, all ready for a new working week.

I had just two mails to look at, I deal with them and file away.

Time for breakfast. More fruit, yogurt and Grape Nuts. And another coffee.

And I am set.

It was too cold for a walk, and anyway, you're at work Ian, you don't have time for walking or photography!

Of course not.

Inbetween bouts of screen-staring, I snap some garden flowers, make brews, have some toast, some lunch.

In the afternoon there is the thrill of the department meeting, though with everyone just back from Easter hols, there was no news. It breaks up after twenty minutes.

Geranium And that is it, more hanging around, answering calls and mails when there is need.

At half three I go for another work out; more Pat Benatar which then gives way to Siousxsie and the Banshees. Good enough, I feel so good I up the level and finish in a blur of rotating legs.

I have a shower, get dressed and prepare dinner. In that I unpack the two small pizzas. We had some left over chorizo, so I cover both in rings of spicy Spanish sausage. Works of art.

Pizzas take ten minutes each, the Delirium takes that to settle in the glass, but the two go together wonderfully.

And somehow another day had slipped by.

We end it both being healthy, tired, which is just right.

Lets do it again tomorrow, buh!

No comments: