Saturday 16 December 2023

Friday 15th December 2023

One of my colleagues from Chennai asked how our Christmas preparations were going.

Well.

We have cakes.

Cheese.

Beer.

Fizz.

Wine.

And yet. And yet it doesn't feel like Christmas.

I explained that it rarely is cold enough for snow at Christmas, I can only remember it snowing once on Christmas Eve, just rain, cold but not that cold, and dull days and long dark nights.

Talking of Which: cards.

I wrote some cards on Thursday evening, and after getting up and the first coffee, I put on my shoes and coat and went up to Collingwood to post them.

Three hundred and forty nine Back home by half six, but still dark, with just a hint of light in the sky.

Back home, put the bins out, make a second coffee and get ready to start work.

Just three days left in the year now, and tasks piling up, though under control. For Friday there were three hours of meetings, taking the day to eleven, leaving just two more hours to wrap the week up.

I pack away at half one, Jools soon gets back, so we get in the car and drive to Jen's for a quick game of cards.

No wine now. No snack. Just cards, but I did scoop the jackpot in Queenie, so I was nearly three quid up.

Back home before darkness fell, and home to feed the cats, while Jools went to Tesco as we were out all day on Saturday, so no time for hunting and/or gathering.

St Feuillien Tripel She brought home another baking brie, so once we had put the shopping away, I baked the cheese, warmed the leftover bread up, poured a large glass of tripel, and we ate very well indeed.

And football for the evening, Forest v Spurs, with Spurs winning out in an entertaining map. Scully said she enjoyed it very much.

No comments: