Wednesday 13 December 2023

Tuesday 12th December 2023

Day 2 of the audits, and just as well I was busy with work, as outside the weather started cold and damp, and just got wetter and windier.

I took the shot of the day, late in the afternoon as yet more clouds swept in from the west, bringing heavier rain, still.

The day had begun with the alarm going off at half five, and me going for a shower, having a shave too, then getting dressed and downstairs by six, giving me an hour's faffing around time.

Three hundred and forty six The audit began at seven, and went on and on and on.

Until just gone eleven, when I could start to write the report from the previous day, and then begin on the report for Tuesday.

And people wanted to speak with me, on complicated matters, one call taking an hour as we discussed contracts and what could be delivered, and what could not. Without noticing, I am becoming a go to guy for information and advice.

Its good to be useful, no?

So, no walking, no music, just getting notes down on the report while fresh, even better the the latest report with that done within hours.

I was done by half four, but by then it was dark, the rain continued outside, and the cats thought it was well past the time I should be feeding them.

TOKI Dinner was fritters, so had just enough time to prepare and fry those before Jools came home, and we could sit down, pour a glass of red and toast ourselves.

The evening was filled with tasting the new whisky I got, a blended Japanese one, which was very nice with some mini-cheddars, while I watched the Ipswich game while listening to Man Utd crash out of Europe.

No comments: