Saturday 9 December 2023

Friday 8th December 2023

Friday.

Seven working days in the year, so I had better tackle the pain that is travel expenses.

Three hundred and forty two I have to photograph the receipts, transfer them to my laptop, e mail to my work account, download them, then add as a file in each expense line.

Should take 5 minutes, takes two hours.

More important is the shopping list for the weekend, as we get some more stuff for Christmas, and supplies for the week ahead.

Jools left as normal for yoga, and I only woke as she was driving the car up the drive, so I have to leap up, get dressed and put the bins out, oh and I had to change the itty litter.

And be at work for seven.

Meetings. Meetings. Meetings.

I have lots of coordination before the weekend, telling people what I expect of them, and having the authority to say that to directors and above.

Dig the new Prince Makes few friends, though.

It was bright, but I just didn't have enough time for a walk, what with work and as soon as Jools returned home, we left and went to Jen's to play cards.

By then I was just about caught up, and happy to close the computer down at half one.

At Jen's, we no longer eat as we start so early, just a brew before the first hand is dealt.

The afternoon flashes by, Jools wins the kitty in the first game, and John in the second, finishing just in time to get home before it was dark, by which time the clouds bringing the rain for Saturday was sweeping in.

Stinky French cheese, crackers and wine for supper, and as a treat we have a generous slice of the first Christmas cake, "just for quality controls purposes", of course.

No comments: