Friday 29 December 2023

Thursday 28th December 2023

Neverending Twixmas.

It was, apparently, Thursday.

What to do with the day?

Well, here's the thing. I hate shopping. My only pair of walking shoes are falling to pieces and offer no support, and I fell in love with a make of boots when we were on the cruise.

Muck boots were robust, comfortable, but are expensive. But, with Christmas over, the sales on and with our discount card, we went to shopping.

New boots To the outdoor place at Wincheap. I guessed it might take and hour, maybe two go get what I wanted.

We parked, went in and a quick scour of the sales, I get a pair of half price shoes, and round the corner are the boots.

I try them both on, both pairs fit, and so we pay and are back outside within 15 minutes.

Easy.

The only thing left was the remaining 14 hours of the day to fill.

I am fascinated by winterbournes. That is chalk streams that only flow when the aquifers are full, and the best known one around east Kent is the Nailbourne, and with the Drellingore flowing already, the Nailbourne should be too.

The Nailbourne at Barham So, we drive back to the A2, and from the bridge at Bridge I could see the silvery ribbon of the Nailbourne, so we turn off, go to Barham and just where we turn off to the church and back to the A2, we stop so I can take shots of the fast flowing bourne.

Three hundred and sixty two We went home via Jen's, just to say hello to her and Sylv, then back home for lunch of caprese, made with the smoked mozzarella we bought at Borough before Christmas. And there was the last of the stale focaccia to turn into garlic bread.

And that was the day.. Football filled the afternoon and evening, with Spurs and then Arsenal losing. I sipped Japanese whisky and laughed.

No comments: