Friday 8 December 2023

Wednesday 6th December 2023

Wednesday.

One of those days that you want to forget.

I got notice of a semi-official complaint about my work. Not from the person who made the complaint, not through my boss, but my boss's boss, who rather than talk to me, sent the message down to my boss.

To say I'm angry would be an understatement, and I will get my right to reply.

So, from about three in the afternoon I was in a foul mood.

Before then, things had gone well. It was actually a sunny day, which meant that I would go for a walk later, and it meant the heating turned down when the sun rose and shone though the kitchen window.

A late afternoon walk I plodded on with the audit report. I could have finished it two days, but why hurry a work of literary genius?

Mulder comes at lunchtime, sits and looks at me mournfully, gently pawing my left arm in an attempt to get me to feed him. There are two bowls of food, one on the stairs and one in the kitchen, you would think he could find those. No?

A late afternoon walk At half two, I go out as promised.

Over the fields to Fleet House where the rain has made much else impassable, there is a way across the field and down the path beside the paddock with the Shetlands.

No point in looking down the Dip or past the farm, so I double back along Collingwood to inspect the patch of Winter Heliotropes near the sub-station.

A late afternoon walk Two spikes, none in flower.

But soon.

I walk to along to Station Road, where the sunset is amazing.

As you can see.

Looks almost like a Windows screensaver or something. And only taken with a mobile.

Three hundred and forty Back home then as the sun set, just time for a brew before I set about making dinner.

Spiced coated fried chicken.

Through the day I had marinated the chicken in buttermilk, then mixed the spice for the coating, added flower and corn-starch.

Coated the chicken tenders, shallow fried them, and di oven chips in the air fryer, and it was magnificent.

I mean the chicken is wonderful, so I never need buy coating again.

The resultant chicken was flavoursome, crispy and better than KFC as wasn't greasy.

And once cleared up, there was football to watch: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool and then Man Utd v Chelski, which was like a fight between two bloated punchdrunk former champions. Which it was, really.

Utd ran out 2-1 winners, though.

No comments: