Tuesday 20 February 2024

Monday 19th February 2024

Yes, the 50th day of the year. The time when it is noticeably lighter in the mornings AND evenings.

And sometimes, warm enough to sit outside.

Which is nice.

I am back home, working from the dining room table for the next ten days until I go -an-auditing again on the Isle of Wight.

Fifty Yes, so soon after being there, I get to go again.

Lucky me.

At least it won't be school holidays, so there'll be room on the ferry, though the floating bridge will be out of action for its annual major service.

Lichen Bugger.

So, Jools now does now go swimming in the mornings, so we get to lay in until six. Or later of you're a lazy slugabed and sleep through the alarm.

Witch hazel And after a hard week's auditing last week, comes the drudge that is writing the audit report, and catching up on last week's mails and news.

It would be a full day or two.

And because my knee is still not right, and I had lots of work, there was no walk even though the weather was splendid.

Just as I got my juices flowing, I'd get a call or message, so that by the time four came round I was only about 40% though, and there was dinner to cook.

So I thought.

Jools had mentioned that she had booked aquafit for Tuesday, but that could move to Monday. It did, but the news did not sink in, so I made a huge pan of jambalaya and rice, all rustled together in little over an hour.

When Jools came back at ten to six, she said that smells nice, but I can only have a little as I'm off to the pool in half an hour.

Bugger again.

I however, have a full portion, with wine, and declared it another triumph.

No comments: