Thursday 22 February 2024

Wednesday 21st February 2024

Wednesday, and a day in which the rain fell. All day.

It didn't matter as I had work to do, any my knee let me know that running a marathon or climbing Everest was out at least until the weekend.

On top of that, my brain decided the night before that what I really needed was insomnia and night cramps.

At least life isn't dull.

So, I was running on fumes through the day, so promised myself to test one of the wines that night for dinner.

Fifty two Now that work was done, I could catch up on the mails I missed last week and catch up on news.

News is that we are to get a bonus this year is, good news, as you can imagine.

There have been meetings announcing the facts, but show me the colour of your money!

These have been hard times since the takeover, losing money and the once regular annual bonus has not been paid out since 2020 at least.

Most of us have done our best, and some of us tried to make things better.

But anyway. Money makes the work go round and puts a smile on my banks manager's face when its paid out at some point.

Rain fell. Cats slept and I worked.

In the freezer was a stale baguette, so I got that out and made a garlic bread loaf with it, this went with Caprese we thought would be a good idea.

Perfect with wine.

Which it was.

Cheers.

The evening came, and lack of sleep caught up with me, so I joined Jools in going up to bed well before nine

No comments: