Monday 12 February 2024

Sunday 11th February 2024

The good news is, that maybe, that my knee is getting better.The good news is, that maybe, that my knee is getting better.

I have been taking it seriously, taking pills and massaging the muscles around the affected knee.

And it might just be working.

And main job for the day was to have a haircut, my first of the year, now I was back from my arctic adventure and no longer needing to make sure the top of my head is well insulated.

Forty two Jools was going to remain at Chez Jelltex and "tidy up".

So, after breakfast I put on my shoes and coat, and off I went.

Rain was falling, and in the village and in Capel off the A20, there was thick mist lingering.

I found a place to park, then limp up to the barbers, and only had to wait ten minutes before they opened up.

He fired up the shears and got busy.

Half an hour later, I looked lovely. Perhaps.

Back to the car to drive home, as Jools was going out to meet with an old friend, and I had roast beef and all the trimmings to cook.

Folkestone Once back, I handed over the car keys and Jools left, I made a brew then got busy peeling spuds, then putting the beef in, prepping the rest of the vegetables, and making sure it all came together at half two, when Jools was due home.

I made another "large" Yorkshire pudding, which rose like a mad thing, and was very good indeed. Especially with a fresh bottle of French fizz to wash it down with.

Meaning there was football all afternoon to try to stay awake to.

The day faded, though not getting dark until half five, and the sky turned pink to reflect the colours of the setting sun.

And early to bed so to be fresh for my travels on Monday as the open road beckons.

No comments: